Summer Day Camp
Health and Hygiene Information
1. We will be checking each child and staff’s temperature upon arrival each morning with a thermometer. These temps will be documented by the school. Any child with a fever of 99.9 or higher will not be permitted to come that day and will have to be fever-free for 24 hours before they return. Temperatures will be checked again after lunch daily to make sure no child is spiking a fever. If a child does present with fever, they will be separated from the group, parents called immediately, and picked up from SDC.
2. Each child and staff member will wash their hands immediately upon arrival into their classroom. Everyone will also wash hands after playtime, before snack/lunch, and after snack/lunch to prevent the spread of germs.
3. PLEASE LABEL EVERY CUP, BOWL, AND BLANKET TO ASSIST IN KEEPING YOUR CHILD’S THINGS TOGETHER.
4. All lunches will need to be sent from home as there will be no hot lunch option during this time.
5. All eating areas, activity areas, restrooms, and toys/equipment will be cleaned and sanitized daily by the staff at LBA Summer Day Camp.
These health and hygiene procedures will allow your child to continue to have quality care by their teachers and people who are familiar to them.
- K4– 6th Grade Program
(Kids entering K4 in the Fall)
- Before/After Care Available
- Register for individual weeks or the entire summer
- Designed to focus on weekly educational themes
- Fun weekly field trips (Parents are welcome to join!)
- 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. – Before Care
- 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Summer Day Camp
- 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – After Care
- Before OR After Care – $25/week
- Before AND After Care – $35/week
- Registration Fee (includes the t-shirt) – $45
- Activity Fee – $80
- Weekly Tuition – $90/week
Weekly Theme & Activity Schedule:
Week 1 – May 17-21
“Blast Into Summer” (Outside games and scavenger hunts)
Field Trip: Pump It Up
Week 2 – May 24-28
“Wild World of Sports” (Farm Animal Fun)
Field Trip: Seward Farms
Week 3 – June 1-4 (closed Monday, May 31, for Memorial Day)
“Crazy About Critters”
Field Trip: Alligator Alley
Week 4 – June 7-11
“Splish, Splash!” (Sand and Water Activities)
-On-site inflatable water slide
LBA Soccer Field
Week 5 – June 14-18
“Your Time to Shine” (Talent Show/Arts and Craft Exhibit)
Field Trip: Marine Mammal Institute
Week 6 – June 21-25
“Color Wars” (Outer Space)
-Awesome team games and competitions
Field Trip: Eastern Shore Bowling Alley
Spanish Fort, AL
Week 7 – June 28-July 2
“Race Through Space”
-Science-themed activities and experiments
Field Trip: Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
Week 8 – July 6-9 (closed Monday, July 5, in observance of Independence Day)
“Road Trip Through USA”
-Patriotic-themed lessons and activities about our great nation
Field Trip: Tiki’s Mini Golfing
Gulf Shores, AL
Week 9 – July 12-16
-Wild and exotic animal discoveries
Field Trip: Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
Gulf Shores, AL
Week 10 – July 19-23
-Exploring our world’s culture and languages
Field Trip: Altitude Jump Park
Week 11 – July 26-30
Celebrating the best of summer!
Get In Touch
Telephone: (251) 653-6542
Fax: (251) 653-1196
School Hours: M-F: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.